cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net Reference and Case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to pass out a .net reference from a case structure.

The .net reference is created in the the false case below in the "Turn on Lamps in LIS" sub VI.

Capture False.JPG 

The case structure then runs again as the True Case but the .net Reference is being passed out of the True Case below as "Default if Unwired". 

Capture TRUE.JPG

The 'CLOSE SC6000' vi outside of the case structure needs to receive the .net reference and not a 'default' passed out of the True Case structure.

How do I get around this please?

Nevica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nevica

Hi Nevica,

you get around this dilemma by properly defining your states/cases!

Why do you need the Close function after the case when it needs to be called inside the TRUE case?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,409 Views)

Hello,

That's a really good point but that doesn't answer my question.

I could put the "Close SC6000"  vi in the true case but I think I will have exactly the same problem. That is the .net reference passed to it will be the default. Or will it?

Ok, I tried to put the  "Close SC6000" vi in the trie case and then wired the output of "Turn on Lamps" .vi (.net REF output in the false case) through the case structure to the true case and then to the input of "Close SC6000" but this cannot be done. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,399 Views)

Hi nevica,

to store values from one iteration of a loop to the next you use shift registers.

Pretty basic LabVIEW stuff you could learn in all those free online courses offered by NI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,342 Views)