LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to full labview 2010 program for voltage-current for keithley 2400

Dear All 

Gretting,

I nedd to a full labview 2010 program for keitley 2400 that works with "RS-232". It is contained Voltage sweeping and current mesuring that be able save data in text file and depict the realated curve.

unfourtunatly in keithley site I couldn't find any good example labview that works with "RS-232".

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Arash

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,389 Views)

Hi Arash,

when you need such a program you should create one. (Remember: LabVIEW is a programming language!)

The Keithley drivers use VISA (AFAIK) so they will work with RS232 too. Did you also search the instrument driver network at NI.com ( www.ni.com/idnet )?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,387 Views)

Hi gerdW

Thanks for your answer.

But I am strater user and i can not ceat any program with labview. if anybody has this program please send for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,380 Views)

The Keithley 2400 driver from NI (Help>Find Instrument Drivers) IS compatible with RS-232 and comes with an example for sweeping. This forum is not intended as a source of completely solving your homework problem. There are numerous on-line resources for learning LabVIEW (i.e LabVIEW 101) and an instrument driver. If you have a specific question after trying something, please post back. Since this task seems to be a pretty common homework task based on the number of identical posts, you should also search the forum for what others have done. You also need to first understand how the Keithley works manually before trying to write a program and that means studying the manual that you can download from Keithley's site.

Message 4 of 8
(4,369 Views)

Dear Dennis

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,301 Views)

Hello 

Please help, am new to LabView. I am sourcing Voltage and measuring Current using Keithley drivers which I downloaded from NI web site.  When I run the program the instrument is displaying V- src and Compliant Curren; the measurements being displayed is ---- |----- Ω   instead of ------ | -------- Amps.  What am I doing wrong? I can get all the Current , Voltage and Resistance measurements  in my arrays from the Read vi. Please find attached the program from LabVIEW 2013.

My 2 question is how do I pass on the Voltage and Current  am getting from my sweep to the maths. vi in oder to calculate power?  The aim of my project is to create Power and IV curves for measuring solar cells.

Thanks

Tupo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,896 Views)

What part of your question has to do with the original question?  I understand you're both using LabVIEW, although different vresions, and a sensor that may be the same.

Beyond that, it's a lot like going to an NFL site to discuss the World Series.  They're both sports!

Open a new thread to handle your issue.

If you're able to read voltage and current as you claim, it's concerning that you're asking how to find power.   You need Wikipedia far more than you need a zombie thread at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,878 Views)
I was having the same problem. The display would set to measure resistance after the initialization. To solve this I added a "Display Measurement.vi" in the "Configure Measurement.vi."
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,897 Views)