LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in reducing latency and perform faster motion

Thank you so much for your help Coq rouge. I have made some small modifications and tested the VI you made. The VI functioned properly, however the time between moving in and out is still way too long. I have attached a graph of the position and velocity data for the probe that show the "dT". Another thing is that whether I put the measurement time at 4ms or 30ms, it still takes approximately 250ms between moving in and out. The maximum time allowed for the probe to stay inside the plasma is 100ms, with a predicted ablation time of 150ms. The motor/controller is not the limiting factor here so I will have to try setting up an RT and see if it will be better or not. I have read up on it and plan to turn an existing computer into an RT machine. I will post back once I have some data with it running or any problems setting it up.

Thanks.

Max

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(423 Views)

I have done some new modifications. I have tried to optimize the move by cutting away all overhead. I put everything in one Big and ugly VI. I know it is not an example on how to make tidy Labview code.

If you are going to test Realtime. Remember that to check if Labview RT is compatible with .NET. I do not think so but I may be wrong. Another option is to send ASCII commands directly to the servo controller, Like you do with your scope.

anyway test it. I suspect the latency is created by the servo controller, and the motor. Like every motor need some time to build up torque. And that can not a RT application fix 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(405 Views)