LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in algorithm

Hello everyOne,

I am trying to make an algorithm which can detect the solar cells of solar module one by one, declare the active area by co-ordinate system like where is Xmin,Xmax, Ymin, Ymax are and then  calculate the area covered by the solar module. For this I made a program and at the moment, I am stuck badly and need help. 

What I am trying to do is, find the white pixel and convert it to gray. I managed to do it on cell however it perform only 3/4 of the cell area. For the last two days I am trying to find the error but could not locate it. Can someone please look at my code and guide me through, Please. 

You can download all my Sub VIs on my other thread which is http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Detect-the-rectangular/td-p/2370836.  

Many Thanks 

Lazer 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,176 Views)

Hello everyone, 

I am badly stuck at the moment. Can someone help please. 

Many thanks 

Lazer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,120 Views)

Hey Lazer,

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, I'm guessing it is the big while loop which is not giving the correct results? What exactly are you trying to do, e.g. what is going into the loop, and what is supposed to come out? Is the pixel array going in going to look like the jpg you attached? It sounds like you are trying to search for particular colours (which will be a certain value in U8) and look around them, or change some colours... maybe if we get a better idea of what is trying to be achieved, we could help a little.

In general, it's worth posting questions about vision in the machine vision forum, where there are a lot of other vision customers who will have experience. It may be easier to do this all with the vision functions, there are tools for colour matching among other things.

Also, if you have a lot of vi's, its easier to pack them all into a zipped folder so that people can download the whole lot at once.

There is lots of information about different functions in labview help, if you are stuck about what something does, or what to see if there is a function to do what you are looking for, you can have context help open while you look around the palette, and it will give information about each function.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,087 Views)

Hello Ian, 

Thanks for reply. Actually, I am running a loop which will check the white pixel and condition is true turn the pixel color into grey and then check for its adjacents pixels and perform the applied condition again. In other words, I am trying to find this white cloud in autonomous procedure, define its active area and calculate the area and algorithm should be able to perform on any solar image.

There is a tool particle analysis which can perform this procedure but I am confused, how this can work for this particular task and trying to work it out. 

Hope this answers your questions. 

Many Thanks 

Lazer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,082 Views)

Hello Ian, 

From the particle analysis, I found all the limits I required and now I am trying to combine the all the cell boxes into one box which will give me a single rectangle however I am really confuse how to do it. Any help?  

Regards,

lazer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,067 Views)