From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need dcb syntax for labview

Hello, I am trying to program an external i/o device and one of the function calls I need to make is to the kernel32.dll function SetCommState. One of the parameters for SetCommState is DCB. Unfortunately, kernel32.dll was designed for use with non-graphical programming languages, which leaves me in a bit of a pickle. I need to know the syntax for inputting the parameter DCB into labview. For example, normally, DCB's parameters are set individually (i.e dcbBaudrate, dcbByteSize, etc.) and these parameters are read into the system. However, I have not been able to find a way to set these parameters individually and I don't know the syntax for inputting them all together. Could someone please help. Also, I cannot set these parameters in visa, because the device I have I cannot seem to get to work with visa.
Thanks for any help you can give.
JOe P
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,080 Views)
This is the third thread you start with the same subject, see e.g. http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=185253#M185253.
In the other threads, people did suggest you to use VISA. This is also my suggestion.
You still lack to explain why you don't want to use VISA, as you apparently are trying to rewrite the VB code and not to use it directly.
Maybe you have valid reasons for not to want to do so, but please explain.

Paolo
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,077 Views)