LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navigation automatic resize

Solved!
Go to solution
I am wondering if there is a way to avoid the empty parts of the Block Diagram (or Front Panel) in Navigation window, something like an automatic resizing. After optimizing the block diagrams, navigation window stills displays the original large window with empty spaces on each side! Manual resize doesn't help, as it zooms everything.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,863 Views)

Hi Siamak

I hope you're having a good day. I was just taking a look at this and I've not been able to reproduce it on my own computer. Can I ask which version of LabVIEW you are using? I have tried it on LabVIEW 8.2.1, LabVIEW 8.5.1 and 8.6.1 but have not been able to observe this behaviour. When I am resizing the block diagram, my Navigation Window is resizing its image to match. Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of the Navigation Window, showing these blank spaces either side?

Kind Regards

Message Edited by Jeremy T on 06-23-2009 08:44 AM
Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,824 Views)
nav win.PNG
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,806 Views)
Don't you know that you are supposed to keep the size of the block diagram equal to a single screen?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,802 Views)

You must be kidding me, or confusing me. Then why do we have a scrollable screen, with such a large limit?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,796 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Siamak

You probably have some lost object all the way to the right hand side or the bottom

Move your white area over to the right hand edge of the navigation window.  Slowly scroll up/down to see if any tiny object appears.   Do the same thing along the bottom edge scrolling left/right.

Actually try the bottom edge first.  Because of the aspect ratio, I think there is a slightly better than 50/50 chance a small object is near the bottom rather than the right hand side.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 06-24-2009 01:10 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,792 Views)

Siamak wrote:

You must be kidding me, or confusing me. Then why do we have a scrollable screen, with such a large limit?

The large screen is for people that do not know how to properly design a program.Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, a large block diagram is next to impossible to maintain and there are a lot of methods to keep the size reasonable. There have been numerous discussions on this and it's one of the elements in all the style guides I have seen.  A large block diagram is also easier to 'break' and cause corrupted VIs. Modularize your code so that your successor does not hunt you down and beat you about the head.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,789 Views)
thanks mate, I thought I already did that, I missed a bit! thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,777 Views)