From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mysql without odbc call library function node

hy!

i'm trying to send a SELECT query to a mysqlserver by calling the needed functions in libmysql.dll

i get a successful connection and can read the server-version, but the result of the query which should be something like DATETIME|INT|INT and so on is quite a mess:

“À›ÀŸÀ2012-02-13 08:40:46

I read in the documentation of fetch_lenght, that this function should recieve an array, but how can i tell a Call llibrary function node to return a array?

MySQL_fetch_lengths

libmysql.dll  i used: mysql-connector-c-noinstall-6.0.2-win32.zip

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,396 Views)

Is there a reason you are going about this the hard way with the dll instead of the database connectivity toolkit or any one of a number of free options for using standard SQL? I doubt that you will find many (if any at all), that have tried your approach.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,370 Views)

I used the DBToolkit in the first way but it should be a executable wich can be used without installing  any other software (ODBC e.g.). I also tried the solution from SAPHIR but this one is extremly slow with large querys. It should also work as 32 and 64 bit executable

I read something about using the Call library function node with LabVIEW instad of a DLL but i can't geht it working.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9091

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,362 Views)

So instead of installing the small odbc driver, you would rather install the dll? And, you would need to support both 32 and 64 bit dll's. Sorry, I can't help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,357 Views)

How to read a function return pointer that is an array, can be seen here. Kind of messy I know, but interfacing C is a mess in comparison to LabVIEW programming.

For the rest I think I fully agree with Dennis. Lots of sweat and work for a questionable benefit. And your strange data probably comes from binary and text data being mixed in the returned pointer based on the column datatype. Good luck with creating a LabVIEW VI library that can handle that transparently.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,346 Views)

One possibility could be to open a TCP connection to mysql and send queries / commands via that.

I did this with some success many years ago. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the code.

It'll still be considerably more work than using odbc though.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,332 Views)

did you make it work?

what was the result?

Can you share your final VI?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,862 Views)