LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mydaq

MyDAQ isn't measuring current not even for the simplest circuit of one resistor and now it gives me an error : error 201381 occured at NI ELVISmx DC Level.vi possible reasons, one or more conections to external power rails are drawing too much power. the operation has been aborted to prevent the device from using too much power. Remove the connections to the external power rails and restart your task. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,637 Views)
Exactly how are you measuring current? Show a schematic of your connections.

Note that MyDAQ is an academic product and you may get better support in that forum since most here do not use it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,633 Views)

I am measuring the current in series and  I changed the breadboard and I still don't get any current. I connected two wires to the AO ground and to the AO 0 terminal. On one end of a wire I attached a resistor of 1.5 Kohms and I measured the current in series. Still no current .By the way the DC output was 5 V and  I tried it with two different breadboards and nothing. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,620 Views)
You have forgotten to attach the schematic. You mention one end of a wire connected to a resistor but not what the other end of the resistor is connected to. Surely you can draw what you have - even with Paint.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,610 Views)

Here there are two pictures of my circuit with the breadboard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,594 Views)
I give up.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,569 Views)

When you are using a device as the myDAQ you have read the manual. 

So how much current can you get from the AnalogOut ?? 2A, 0.5A, 2mA?

What part of the Inputs to the myDAQ are you using to measure the current? AnalogIn, AnalogOut, DMM?

What can measure current on the myDAQ?

How does you read current? in serie with the resistor or in parallel?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,558 Views)