From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple sequential timed inputs

Hi, I am the beginner of labview user so hopefully there is someone who can help me. I need to set up 2 inputs with time in control panel. For example time1 = 10sec, vaule1 = 10, time2 = 15sec, vaule2 = 15. And then the program will output 10 for 10 sec and then output 15 for 15sec and then stop automatically.

I know it is pretty basic but please give me some helps such as examples

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,093 Views)

You could create a cluster array with the value and delay in the cluster. Wire the array into a for loop. Unbundle inside the loop where you display the value and wire the delay value into a Delay function.

I suspect this is a homework question so I am hesitant to give you the VI. Try to write it and if you get stuck, post back and attach what you have written.

Clusters, arrays, and auto-indexing for loops are basic LabVIEW elements. You should have taken the basic tutorial.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,081 Views)

Hi. Thank you for the reply

I have attached the vi I created so far (without cluster array), which is a draft of my program

The main idea of this program is that there is a switch for user to choose if the program will run manually or automatically

If it is running in manual mode, we can control the ouput by changing the input slide. If it is in auto mode, we can set up two periods that indicates the vaule and time we want

I know the draft is not a good design, and I will try to use cluster array later on.

Please give me some advice 🙂

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,064 Views)

ANd also I am wondering how to show all the output in one indicator? Both in manual mode and auto mode

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,060 Views)