LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple individual data points

I am slowly learning Labview and need help on a VI.

Application: I want to take calibrate a displacement laser taking one data point at 30 different dispalcements.

I would like to input the displacement (mm- 0 to 30 mm) before taking the data point.

I would like to dosplay them side by side.

Example:   0 mm         0 volts ;           3mm        ? volts ;      15mm         ? volts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,824 Views)

@terry_LETU wrote:

I am slowly learning Labview and need help on a VI.

Application: I want to take calibrate a displacement laser taking one data point at 30 different dispalcements.

I would like to input the displacement (mm- 0 to 30 mm) before taking the data point.

I would like to dosplay them side by side.

Example:   0 mm         0 volts ;           3mm        ? volts ;      15mm         ? volts

Great.  So what are you having problems with?

This sounds like a simple state machine with an event structure for allowing the user to enter a distance and then allow the user to take the measurement.  I would display the results in a table.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,811 Views)

You correctly understand the need. The problem I am having is that I have not understood a way to do this. I looked on line for tutorials but non appeared to provide a way to do it. Would you have an example?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,778 Views)

Start by breaking down your problem into much smaller problems.  These will be the states you will need to create.  Start with allowing the user to enter a value.  Then make a state for reading the measurement.  Then make a state for building up your table.

When the problem is broken down like this, it suddenly becomes a lot easier.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,764 Views)

Hi terry_LETU,

In this link you'll find a video on how to create an Event Driven state machine, so you can get started with your project as crossrulz adviced.

LabVIEW Tips&Tricks Episode 3: Event driven state machine - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIN31rSO2k

Regards,

Carolina

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,736 Views)