LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi pages in one program !

Solved!
Go to solution

maybe this sounds stupid, but am wondering how to create a program that contains the main page which has many buttons and when i press a button
another page appears so i can work on it ??
if this is possible, I'll be glad to be told how to do it !!

thank you

AR
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,334 Views)

Tab Controls may do what you need: you hit a tab and it switches the page.

But if you want another front panel, that's a bit more complex - but not hard at all. I've never used a function like this in a big project, but I'd start to think about using SubVIs that show front panel when called.

It's a total shot in the dark, but look at tab controls first.

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,324 Views)

thank you joaopam, i've tried the tab controls but they don't work for me in this case !

if you can show me how to use subvi's to show front panel when called, i'll appreciate it 🙂

thank you again !

AR
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABDESLAM

Hi Abdeslam,

Its not hard to have the front pannle of a VI pop up when called.  When the subVI is on your bolck diagram just right click on it and select "SubVI Note Setup".  It will bring up meune to allow you to configure it.  You will just have to figure out the logic of when to call that subVI.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/opening_subvi_front_panels/

Lukin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,289 Views)

Follow Lukin's answer.

The reference link should help you.

About calling a SubVI, it's all about logic. You can use case structures or even Event Structures.

Regards

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,282 Views)

thank you guys 🙂

this works great !

AR
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,268 Views)