LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion detection

Hi ,I'm a student who is new to labview and NI IMAX .I want to build an instrument that can measure activity of mouse (animal) by use the NI IMAX program ,grab pictures and subtract to get the pixel change. I look into this vi and try to run but  there is an error at the histograph vi  stated that "invalid image type"?

http://decibel.ni.com/content/servlet/JiveServlet/download/4717-1-6034/MotionDetect%20IMAQdx_lv86.vi

can anybody help explain this error?

Another question is that I want to plot curve between time and pixel intensity change and calculate the undercurve area to use as the indeicator of animal activity .How to convert the "image" to "pixel value" ? So that I can use this value  to plot the curve between time and pixel change..

Thank you very much

May

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,169 Views)

What type of image are you working with?You may need to convert your captured image first before using Histogram VI.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,129 Views)