LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring unknown tank level and control

Hello

I want monitor unknown numbers of water tank level. but I dont know is it possible to design a wizard that get me numbers of tank and then design them or not? can u help me?

actually, these are process:

1) get number of tank and their properties that are difference between all tanks.

2) show tanks and their levels

3) control input/output valves with a Matlab program

tnx

BR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(3,553 Views)

Hello,

I highly recommend LabVIEW for your application. It will provide the interface and control environment for your needs. If the tanks already have monitoring equipment it may be possible to interface LabVIEW with that equipment and then display the data. If you need to create the monitoring equipment you could use our CompactDAQ, PXI, or CompactRIO platforms depending on your needs. 

If you could describe your needs in further detail I can provide further advice. I hope you have a good day.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(3,535 Views)

Hi

I really appeciate Alex for his great help.

my project subject is designing a drinking water pumping system. but because of using this frame work for various stations, I need to creat a dynamic software.  it means that the softare recieve the number of pump and reservior from the operator and make the Corresponding schematic of the station. I want to know is it possible to design a wizard based program with LABview and in a step by step maner recieving some data from the operator and finally at the end of the wizard the program generate the schematic of the station with the specified number of pump and reservior.

Regard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(3,526 Views)

Yes, you can create such a "wizard" like program.

You actually need to program it…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(3,521 Views)

Tnx GerdW for leting me know this possibilty in LABview

but could you explain more about it?

I need some detail to start it. i really appreciate if you help me more to understand how such a programming must be prepared?

Regard.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(3,495 Views)

Hi behzad,

how such a programming must be prepared?

As any other programming project too: you need to collect specs, draw a flow chart (on paper!), create the program to follow your flow chart…

Please ask specific questions to get specific answers. As long as you only ask for very general topics all you get are very general answers!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(3,493 Views)

Tnx Gerdw for answering the topic as fast as possible.

I know how to make a general program!

my question is about generating a wizard based program in labview.

the program must be work as follow:

when the Labview code runs. at first step a page with some user defiend parameter is represented. at this step the operator (user) enter the number of pump and reservior and click next. at the next page ( just like a wizard in win xp) the user enter the specific parameter of each pump and ... at the final the wizard closed and the main page of the program represented with the specified number of pump and reservior. and the iterative main code manage the program.

Regard.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(3,491 Views)

Hi behzad,

use a tab control to implement your "pages". Hide the tab "handles" (don't know their English name) and switch the pages programmatically.

Using a small state machine might help too…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(3,489 Views)

tnx GerdW

other friends have any more suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(3,483 Views)

subpanels, moving visible panel/pane area, calling subVIs, playing with visibility of controls, …

What else do you want?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(3,480 Views)