From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modulation toolkit demodulate

Hello.

I have a problem. I am trying to transmit text 16QAM (default) modulated with the modulation toolkit. And then demodulate it. I am new with LabVIEW. I need help, I am having so much trouble trying to coordinate the modulator and the demodulator. I have put the MT Generate Synchronization Parameters to the demodulator and it asks me to provide it with sync bit...

The problem is that I am transmitting a text, and at the end, once I modulate it and demodulate it I get a weird text, not even close to the one I send.

Thank you very much for your time.

Attached see the mod-demod diagram that I have so far. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,548 Views)

Hello.

I have a problem. I am trying to transmit text 16QAM (default) modulated with the modulation toolkit. And then demodulate it. I am new with LabVIEW. I need help, I am having so much trouble trying to coordinate the modulator and the demodulator. I have put the MT Generate Synchronization Parameters to the QAM Demodulator and it asks me to provide it with sinc bits that are used to generate the synchronization parameter cluster, and I don't know what should I plug in there or if that is what is causing my problem, or I am doing something else wrong.

The problem is that I am transmitting a text, and at the end, once I modulate it and demodulate it I get a weird text, not even close to the one I send.

Thank you very much for your time.

I would also like to know how to change the frequency of transmition of the communication system.

Attached see the mod-demod diagram that I have so far. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,542 Views)

Hey, i have got the same problem! I recognized, that at the Beginning of the demodulated text a few bits are missed (in your Case exactly 4). When u Concatenate a array of 4 elements, with the missing bits u will receive your basic text!

This happens with every kind of demodulation, but i don´t know the reason yet. When everybody knows it please post 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,371 Views)