LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify x-axis display of an excel graph (proper board)

Hi,

I'm want to use the excel report structure in LabVIEW.  I want to format the graph so that only the start and finish values appear on the graph in excel.  There doesn't appear to be a VI to do this. I also checked LabVIEW 8.5\examples\office\MSGraph Examples.llb but could not find this feature.  The feature in excel is called number of categories between tick mark labels.

Does anyone know if there is anyway that I can do this using LabVIEW?

Thanks Sean

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,368 Views)

Hey SeanJ,

I could not find the exact feature you were interested in, but I did find a potential workaround. I first opened the "Line Graph (Excel)" example VI which ships with labVIEW. To find it, open the LabVIEW example finder and navigate to the following location... Communicating with External Applications >> ActiveX >> Excel.

I then added the "Excel Set Graph Scale" vi. Here is a screen capture of the modified block diagram.

ExcelBD.JPG

Now, we can head into the "Excel Set Graph Scale" to make a minor modification. You may want to take a copy of this VI, so you can return to the original in the future. Open the block diagram of "Excel Set Graph Scale", and then open the block diagram of the nested "Excel_Set_Graph_Scale" subvi. Then you need to open the block diagram of yet another subVI... "Excel_Set_Sale.vi" From here, modify the block diagram so it resembles the following screen cap.

SetScaleEdit.JPG

This allows you to set the major units, so that only the start and finish values are displayed.

Here is a graph created with the original code.

OrigGraph.JPG

and here is a graph created with the modified code.

ReScaledGraph.JPG

I hope this has been useful. Best wishes,

Rich Roberts
Senior Marketing Engineer, National Instruments
Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-roberts-4176a27b/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,339 Views)

Hi,

What is the reference to the Axes node? I am using ActiveX and I could not find the right class to invoke the Axes node.

Is there an axes_tydef.ctl that I can download?

Thanks,

Wilfred

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,683 Views)

Hi,

If I want to add MajorGridline, which node should I invoke?

Thanks,

Wilfred

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,673 Views)