cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modbus RTU protocol datatypes

Solved!
Go to solution

hello Raghunathan,

find attached Vi..same Vi m used in my project and it works. it  built in LV8.5

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 58
(1,761 Views)

Hello Shublaxmi,

I tired my level best - but the VI continuously returns "Modbus Exception code 6002". Running with the trace ON, I noticed that there is a problem in the String+CRC that is being generated. Uptil then  there is no Error in VISA, MBSerial Init etc

Since I do not have LV8.5,  I ran the code in LV2009. Not sure if that is a problem. ( I already have a identified bug with charts in LV2009 but thats a different issue )

Not sure what could be wrong ....? And I am using a direct COM port without a 232 to USB covertor.

Raghu

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 58
(1,745 Views)

Hello Raghu

u told u have LV8.6 so run my code in there...i have also used direct com connection without convertor....same thing i did as u are doing now....use Visa Serial instead of Mb serial init...some times it gives error....try it

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 58
(1,737 Views)

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am trying to communicate with the conzerv energy meter via modbus. I program in c language. I am not able to access any of the files

since they are *.vi could you please send me a sample code in doc format.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 58
(1,054 Views)

@deeky wrote:

I program in c language. I am not able to access any of the files

since they are *.vi.

You are asking for help at he wrong place.

This is LabVIEW forum, not C/C++ forum. Maybe, you need to look in LabWindows/CVI forum instead.

.vi means a Virtual Instrument, it is a native LabVIEW program file. It wont open in any graphical editor unlike C/C++, as LabVIEW is a Graphical System Design Platform or, to put it simply, a Graphical Programming Language.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 58
(1,051 Views)

@deeky wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am trying to communicate with the conzerv energy meter via modbus. I program in c language. I am not able to access any of the files

since they are *.vi could you please send me a sample code in doc format.

Hmm.. the wrong question at the wrong forum !! Anyway Deeky, forget the *.vi files as  they are of no use in your C environment. But of course getting the Conzerv unit to talk to your C code in MODBUS is no big deal and possibly i can help you on the concept if you can mail me at ragunath73@hotmail.com

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 58
(1,044 Views)

Could you please give me your current email id? It would be of great help if you could clarify few technical issues with conzerv energy meters.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 58
(1,039 Views)

I have sent you a mail with the details.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 58
(1,036 Views)