LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixing angle modulated signal with carrier signal

Dear All,

Could you help  me out?

I want to mix a cos signal (of freq - fc) with an angle modulated signal. The spectra of the angle modulated signal shows peaks for carrier frequency [fc] and one peak on its either side.

Should i use simple multiplication tool of labview or i should use some other method. If someone has travelled this path and have developed a code then could you share it.

thank you 

kind regards

NB. The purpose of all these things is to extract one of the side peaks, please dont suggest ffts and filtering, coz i want to use it for unknown multimode frequency extraction purposes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,389 Views)

Hello shiju_ul,

I hope you are well.  I would like to see if I can offer you any further help on your topic.  Testing it out in my own copy of LabVIEW 8.6, I have multiplied the results from the Spectral Measurements Express VI, using the Multiply node in the the 'Programming'->'Numeric' palette on the Block Diagram.  I have seen expected results on a waveform graph. 

I have not tried your exact example before in the past, however, the route you take in implementing the mixing of the frequencies is related to the theoretical equation you have.  You can create an improved algorithm in LabVIEW by following the appropriate textbook example.  Please reply back with any further, related questions.

Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,335 Views)