From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing subVI XML Open.vi for standalone application

Hi!!

I have written a program where I use XML among other features. The application runs perfectly "locally" on my workstation, but when I am using the application builder to built a standalone application the VI suddenly has a broken arrow with the following errors:

Missing subVI XML Open.vi

Missing sub XML Load document.vi

Missing subVI XML Node text Content.vi

XML features are in the Addons/ internet toolkit package, which I downloaded with version 6.0. Do anyone knows which other packages/drivers that must be installed / included in addition ? I have done many searches in the NI web site with regard to this issue, but with no luck.

Best regards,
A
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,182 Views)
Perhaps the MSXML activex component? (See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms755709.aspx )

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,168 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your respons!

Any other suggetions ? I do not have lisence  for Visual Basic 6.0 so loading the Visual studio installer is not my first solution.
It seems like there is a packages with subvis which are not included. I just can't figuring out which package missing ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,158 Views)

When you build an executable, all vi's in the source code should be included, unless you load them dynamically. Otherwise, the vi's should be included. My guess is the vi's are included, but broken. Probably because something else is missing, like a dll or activex component. Since the names indicate that they have something to do with xml, it's likelly that the xml component is missing.

Perhaps the link I send you was a bit off topic. Try this one:

Try this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=993C0BCF-3BCF-4009-BE21-27E85E1857B1&displaylang=en
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,152 Views)
Hi again!!

The NI developer application runs perfectly when it is not a standalone executable, and there is no errors or broken errors.  All VIs are included in the the application builder (and the builder succsessly builds), but I may check to see if all VIs  are all included in the Installer builder. This may be a issue ?

The 3 subVI missing listed as errors from the VI in the exe (the VI in the exe has a broken arrow) are all VIs from LabView, which I picked from the Internet Toolkit / XML DOM Parser pallette (see above the three VIs).

A
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,149 Views)
I thought you where deploying on another PC. (Because you mentioned explicitly "runs perfectly "locally" on my workstation").

The vi's should be included automatically. If these VI's are not included, you could try to include them manually. (Make sure there isn't a run time license that is required. If so, you also have to pay NI besides simply copying the VI's).

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,144 Views)
Hi!!

I included the subVIs from the folder 'internet\dom\dom.llb\' etc which was missing in the executable application. The VI has still a broken arrow, and know I got the following message "The VI is not executable. A full development version of the LAbView is required to fix the errors". 

I search for the spesific llb in llb manager in the folder for internet\dom\dom.llb\ but the folder where missing in the llb manager, this is probably the issue I think. This must be a bug in the Labview software.

Anita

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,133 Views)
If you need to include the missing VI's manually, yuo probably need to to the same for all their sub vi's. Best to just include the entire directory or library, see if that works. Then, delete llb's or sub directories until it stops working. Include the remaining vi's in the build.

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,127 Views)
Jippppii!!!

I fixed the errors!!!

In addition to include the "missing" subVIs from the NI folder "....\internet\addons\dom\dom.dll\*"  as you recommended,  I also included two .dlls: xerces_c_2_2_2_0.dll and DOMUserDef.dll as supportfiles.

Then after rebuilding  the application ........ Voila, it works!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,126 Views)

I'm positing since I had  a similar problem with the "missing subVI" error and XML DOM VIs.  It did not seem I needed to explicitly include any missing sub VIs like what previous posts describe (I'm using LV 8.5.1).  The only thing that is required it seems is to include the the dll in the project (use Add->  file...) and point the the xceres file where the intenet toolkit is located (included in the developer suite).  Also make sure the dll is included in the "always included" list in the build spec (exe)/source files.

The problem I had was related to the location of the xceres dll file. I had copied the exceres_c_2_2.dll into the same folder as the project and was referencing it from there.  What I saw was that on some windows XP machines I would get the "missing subVI" error but on others I would not (even when running WinXP SP2 on all these machines).

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,646 Views)