LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message box in labview

hi all, i have some concept from visual basic but i not sure can applied it to labview or not.

let say i have a numeric control to set the delay time. if the user selected 00:00:00 and click run, message box "wrong time selected" pop out and return the user to the labview control panel to selected the time interval again. how to do that in labview?

*i am using labview 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(6,719 Views)

Is this a normal numeric control or a timestamp control you are working with?

Please post your VI so we can see what you are talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(6,712 Views)

How about this:

(The VI is in 8.2 and should work fine for you).

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(6,711 Views)

What exactly is your questin, how to structure the code, or how to create the popup window?

A better solution would be to not let the user press the run button if the time value is invalid. The simple way to do this is to test the time input every time its changed and set the run button's Disable property to 2 (disabled and grayed out) if the value is not correct. It's almost always better to disallow performing an invalid operation, rather than try and catch it after the fact.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(6,699 Views)
When I originally read the message, I thought he was complaining about some bug where the numeric control wasn't working properly.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(6,689 Views)

Hi,

Check out this  Vi. 

Rgds,

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(6,638 Views)

Hi all, attached is my vi. this vi when execute will automatically collected data based on the time duration set by user. few step i need to modify with it, but i no idea.

1. if possible, when the vi is execute, it will not automatically collected data. (i.e user have to selected time interval and press a start button)

2.when the user selected 0 hour 0 minute 0 second and click start, the message box "error time entered" is pop out, and user will return the the front panel again to selected the time interval.

3. during 0 hour 0 minute 0 second time interval, no data is collected and save to the lvm file (this is my recently main problem)

help...plz...

ravens fan: i hv post my vi. pls help me...

mattbradley: i hv follow the vi u attached. i only success to make the message box pop out when the user click the done button. however, even the message box is pop out, but data still continue collected to lvm file. and the message box cant be close by click the OK button (it continue keep pop out, i think because of my problem in 1.) besides, is it possible to set the message box will appear out immediately when user selected 0 hour 0 minute 0 second in the numeric control without click the done button?

mikeporter: yeah. it is something like you mention that i did. but sadly i no idea how to do it. mind help me with the attach vi? help...plz...

venky: thanks for your vi but i cant open it because i use labview 8.5 and your vi is in labview 8.6.

p/s: this vi need hardware for it to run. so it will be more difficult for your all to help me without the hardware. but i think with your all skill, no hardware also no problem to edit the vi. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(6,628 Views)

See attached.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-14-2009 11:02 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(6,625 Views)

ravens fan, thanks for your help. but have some problem when i running the vi u edit.

1. at first when user selected 00:00:00, it is ok because the message is pop out. however, when i select 00:00:01 can execute it, instead of every seconds save a data, the data was saved many many times in one seconds, as in the lvm file i attached.

2. user can selected running time at negative value, i.e: -00:00:05.

3. the temperature value just 0.7 for 0.8 for celcius (should be 28++) and for ferenheit just 32++ (should be 90++).

4. where is the GO! assistant? i cant find it in the block diagram but still this vi can be detected. (amazing!)

how to add in some of this thing:

1. add a pause button so the overall program will not be stop.

2. when the program is executed, the time selection control is disabled, and enable again when the program is pause

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(6,604 Views)

Hi ,

Check out this Vi and let me know .

Rgds,

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(6,587 Views)