From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge indicators

Hello, I´m just LV beginner, so I´m sorry if my question is stupid.

I´m making VI which controls electron gun. Apart from other things, it should read values of voltage and emission current. My problem is, I read those values in different parts of program, exactly three, and each part is executed in different situation. But I´d like to view value in just one indicator on front panel and see it´s most recent development. Now, when I place indicator in every part of program, where I read values, I have three of them and i have to know where to look to get actual value. It´s not nice and what´s more important, it´s not user friendly.

Thank you for any advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,039 Views)

Are you not able to align the Controls & Indicators in Front Panel?

It appears that you are viewing data  in Block diagram

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,031 Views)

Hi Tikka,

Can you post your VI?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,028 Views)

I´m viewing data in front panel and if I understand it correctly, aligning controls/indicators only changes their position, it wouldn´t make one of three.

So I post my VI, I hope it´s not too messy. Unfortunately all notes are czech. Indicators I´m concerned about are HV [kV], HV [kV] 2, HV [kV] 3 and I[mikroA], I[mikroA] 2, I[mikroA] 3. You won´t see it working properly, it needs electron gun connected.

Just FYI I tried to use global variable, but indicator didn´t read it´s value concurrently with execution of the rest of the program, but only once after performing all tasks in main while loop, which is there only for continuos run of the program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,018 Views)

And one important information, main VI is called Ovladac Delo.vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,015 Views)

You can use Local Variable.Create the Local Variable of the HV KV ctl and use it in other places.Similiarly for the other control.

Thats the best option for your design.Did you ever try that ???

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,993 Views)

This is a good situation for local variables.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,987 Views)

I used global variable this way. When I used local variable, it acted weird (probably my mistake). Global variable´s behavior was OK, but indicator showed change only once per while loop round, I wanted it to show change, whenever varible chaged, but it didn´t.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,985 Views)

i would use vi references and controls to send "real time" information from your "sub vi's" to your front panel....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,972 Views)

again, this is a variation of vi references with nested vi's with realtime information sent to the front panel...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,932 Views)