From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menu palette file

Hi guys,i created my llb source library and i want to distribute them,putting in userlib folder with the associate mnu file.When i save the palette changes labview modified the dir.mnu(that link to my own mnu file) contains in userlib folder.ok,now i suppose that the user have already his personal palette file mnu under userlib(dir.mnu),how can he do to install my library avoiding to modified her palette ???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,603 Views)

Instead of modifying the dir.mnu file create your own independent menu file so that when you install your library you put your own menu file in the user.lib folder.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,581 Views)

This are the general rules for user.lib auto palette creation:

• Everything under user.lib will be placed in an auto created palettes
  • except files that are in a folder or llb start with an underscore (_)

So what I normally do:

• save my code in a folder starts with an underscore (_mytool)
  • Next to this folder I create an mnu file that contains the relevent VIs that I want to expose via a palette (mytool.mnu), this palette points to the files inside _mytool.
  • I copy both elements (folder and palette file) to user.lib, after a palette refresh (or restart of LabVIEW) your items will be included

So my general setup looks like this:

-built

--mytool.mnu

---_mytool

---foo.vi

---bar.vi

Then in an installer I copy everything in built to user.lib

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,559 Views)