LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

may i know how to find the pixel in 2d picture for the drawn ;lines??

may i know how to find the pixel and manipulate them in 2d picture for the drawn ;lines???

sensor.png

 i wanna locate the pixels of this 2d picture, so that i can change the pixel color behind the drawn lines based on threshold value for my experiment.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(199 Views)

Hi dtharun,

@dtharun wrote:

i wanna locate the pixels of this 2d picture, so that i can change the pixel color behind the drawn lines based on threshold value for my experiment.

You can convert the 2DPicture into a pixmap, which is basically a 2D array of pixel color values.

Then you can do anything you like with the color values and also convert back to display again in your 2DPictureIndicator…

Wouldn't it be much easier to draw the lines using a different color?

What is your problem you want to solve? ("What" and not "how"!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(193 Views)

Ok i'm working on a project using using dfoss sensor . where the strain values are changed when resin flows through it. i wanna make this in labview , the above drawn lines using multiple lines vi in picture indicator is the way how mapped my sensor, As the resin flows through the sensor, the strain values changes. so i wanna build up a GUI so that i can i see the resin flow as a color change on the pixel in picture indicator. and later i can modify by giving threshold value to it.

the below link is my VI i had designed

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-set-ranges-for-the-drawn-lines-using-line-coordinates/m-p/43...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(160 Views)

Hi dtharun,

@dtharun wrote:

the above drawn lines using multiple lines vi in picture indicator is the way how mapped my sensor, As the resin flows through the sensor, the strain values changes. so i wanna build up a GUI so that i can i see the resin flow as a color change on the pixel in picture indicator. and later i can modify by giving threshold value to it.

Wouldn't it be easier to draw another (set of) lines with different color over the existing ones?

No need to change pixels in your 2D picture…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(149 Views)

Thanks that may help but i want it as GUI, like my resin flows from any one of the direction so as it flows there are some regions where it can't reach the dfoss sensor, and in that case there wont be any color in background on the regions where it doesnt reach

Eg; I'm sending my resin from top so the area where it reached will be in green color, and where it does not reach will be still in white and as it flows the color changes and i'll apply strain on particular index so the strain exceeds and changes to red, by giving threshold value.

And i'm new to labview picture control, so i dont know much about it as well. 

Hope u got what i'm trying to do..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(111 Views)

Hi dtharun,

@dtharun wrote:

Hope u got what i'm trying to do..

Not completely…

You want to collect some data and then use this data to set color in certain areas of your indicator: IMHO you "just" need to convert your measurement data into coordinates of your picture and use some painting functions (lines, dots, rectangles, circles) to paint your color…

@dtharun wrote:

And i'm new to labview picture control, so i dont know much about it as well. 

Use the training resources offered at the top of the LabVIEW board!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(102 Views)