LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making database using labview

Hi to all,

I am measuring the voltage output from a fixed and a moving solar panels and I am recording the voltages with their corresponding time and date into Excel and Text files using LabVIEW 8.2. now, I would like to call the recorded files and sketch the variation of voltage of the fixed and the moving panels with the time in order to compare their efficiencies. can you please guide me in this task?

Looking forward to Recieving from You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,394 Views)
you can read you excel files, and text file back into your program
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,360 Views)

Hello,

I didnot get what you meanSmiley Surprised; can you please explain more??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Hi,

Do you know how to read excel file in LV?

If thats your problem then you can read it read spreadsheet file and with activex component.

With activex component you can see the attached file.

For Read spreadsheet file vi use the context help.

Regards,

Shrek

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,340 Views)

The poster does not have Excel files. In previous threads the poster has been told many times that they do not have Excel files. They have TEXT files, yet the poster insists on calling them Excel files. This makes folks who have not seen the poster's previous threads think that the poster wants Excel files, when they actually have TEXT files.

As for original question: You would need to read the files using Read From Spreadsheet File (which reads TEXT files) and wire the value to a graph however way you need to. Please look at the examples that ship with LabVIEW on the various graphs and how to use them. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,324 Views)