From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvm files read funny

There's something about lvm files I do not understand
I am using LV 7.1

In the attached, there are three files namely daq1, modified_daq1 and res1 files and simple  read lvm file function.

In daq1.lvm, it is saved by default, it reads ok,  Enable the plot legend and see names. In it there are 16 channels and in "comment" cell, it holds AI=16 & RES=0.
I saved this value in comment where another subvi will read it later for correct naming of the plots in the graph. This comment has nothing to do with it. Total of channels is 16

then in res1, it does not read ok. X_Values and others are added to plot names. In it, AI=16 & RES=7. Total of channel is 23

To test it, I modified the daq1 file  and saved as modified_daq1.lvm. In it,  I changed AI=15 & RES=1. total of Channels remained same. Then i changed Dev0/ai15 to Dev0/res0.
Then It reads correctly.

the res1.lvm don't reveal any errors when i studied on it. There's not much any differences except total of channels.

regards,
Message 1 of 3
(2,230 Views)
Hi Forgot to add sub-vi for previous vi.
Here's the attached
 Clement
Message 2 of 3
(2,228 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,162 Views)