From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low speed recording buffer

Hello!

I am sorry for my english.

Help me solve a problem, please.

I need to save a stream of data from UDP Read Function.

I save the data stream to the buffer, then save the data from the buffer to a file. Speed ​​record buffer is very very low (about 10 megabytes per minute). I generate a data stream in my board with a speed of 200 Mbit / s. How to increase the recording speed in the buffer? 

And... I correctly solve this problem?)))

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,491 Views)

My VIs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,488 Views)

I would move the writing to a file to another loop.  Loop into the Producer/Consumer.  In short, you send your data to be logged to disk to another loop using a queue.  This other loop then dequeues the data and writes the data to the file.  I also recommend opening the file once before the loop and closing it once after the loop.  You can then just keep writing to the file inside.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(2,458 Views)

Good day!

I never used Queue Operations. I'll try it. Can you send me any more examples of using Queue Operations vis?

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,438 Views)

Hey goodboycowboy,

There's some pretty good examples of Queue Operations within LabVIEW via Help>>Find Examples. If you search for "queue" within the NI Example Finder you'll find a couple. I recommend starting with Simple Queue. Hope this helps!

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
Message 5 of 6
(2,411 Views)

Thank you, BrianaC!=) 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,393 Views)