LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking out for example vi's to generate analog voltage waveforms

Hello

I am trying to build up my own wave form to  generate  analog voltage from  NI USB 6361 Card .The waveform i would be intrested in is somthing like the triangular wave with delays at min and max voltage points .i looking for some examples vi's to create the waveform ..

i could find some examples for sinusoidal,triangular and saw wavefroms in the DAQ.mx test pannel but could not find their vi that could be modified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...!!! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Manoj dobbala

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,239 Views)

There are quite a number of signal generation functions in the Signal Processing functions palette. I don't quite understand what you mean by "delays at min and max voltage points", but you can take the waveforms generated by those stock functions and simply append/prepend/insert whatever you need into the array of values. You should not modify VIs that ship with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,234 Views)

smercurio_fc

Thanks for your suggestion...I will try to use signal generation functions in the Signal Processing functions palette. In the mean while i would like to be more clear on  kind of wavefrom that i would like to generate...

I would like to start generating -2V to 2 V in steps of some milli volts , After reaching 2V i would like to stay @ 2V for some milli seconds(that has to be decided by the user)..then i would like the voltage points to reduce in step size( similar to that of in case of increment from -2V to 2V) till it reaches -2V and stay on -2V for som milli seconds.

I am attaching the picture of the wave form in the attachment

Thanks

Manoj. Dobbala 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,224 Views)

You could use the Trangle Waveform VI to generate one cycle of a triangle waveform. You would then take out the 1st 1/4 cycle for the ramping up, and the 2nd 1/4 cycle for the ramping down. The other piecese are just DC levels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,198 Views)