LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock out control

i have a bunch of controls that I was using to troubleshoot a system. Now that all of the controls values are finalized, I want to make it so the user will not be able to change them. Is there a way that I can lock them out from the user, or make the controls constants and have it so when the code runs they can only see the front panel?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,132 Views)

You can disable or disable and grey out controls using property nodes. If the user can't modify the value make sure the correct value is in the control, either by setting it programmatically or by making the good values default.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,127 Views)

Sure, use the Edit>Make Current Values Default command then use property nodes to set the 'Disabled' property on those controls in your initialization sequence. If you don't want to do it programmatically, you can permanently set them disabled using the right click menu in development environment (Advanced >Enable State). You can also gray them out if need be. This is a very common thing to do in state machine when certain controls can not be safely handled while executing a certain long-running state.

Philip
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,125 Views)

sry I am not familiar with property nodes and I am having trouble wiring the control (a dbl numeric) to the property node..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,114 Views)

actually i found it thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,111 Views)