cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locate cursor programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to have a program start up with three cursors on three overlays move to the frequency input by the user as they start the program.  It may do the first plot, but that is it.  The old cursor (7.1) was much easier to edit than the new one (2013).  Help.

Regards,

Ron Brook

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,493 Views)

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the question. Just to clarify what it is you are trying to do, would it be possible to include a screenshot of what this looked like in LabVIEW 7.1 or even some more information about your application? What type of controls and indicators are you using? At that point it may be easier to understand exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,438 Views)

I am trying to use the property nodes for a plot to move the cursor to a location specified by the user when the vi starts.  For example, if the speed of the motor is 1800 rpm, and then user types that in, I am assigning that variable to a property node called 'cursor, position, x position'.  It doesn't seem to do anything.  I also tried 'cursor, index'.  Nothing.  Do any of these work?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,410 Views)

Did you remember to Create a Cursor via CursorList and set the ActiveCursor?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,406 Views)

Yes.  The cursors are all created, all active and all work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rwbrook@integratedps.com

rwbrook@integratedps.com wrote:

Yes.  The cursors are all created, all active and all work.

I meant with your Property Node for the WFGraph.

You need to set 3 properties.

First Set the ActCrsr.

Then Set the PosX and PosY.

Only one Cursor can be active at a time and that is the one that you edit.

Message 6 of 7
(2,399 Views)

Yes!  Thank you.  It's a mess, but it works.  I tried everyway I could think of to make it into a for/next loop, but because of all of the invidual control for the plot colors, couldn't do it.

I will pass on Kudos, thanks again.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,375 Views)