LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load with DAQ

Hello,

I do have a load problem on my PC when I use a VI reading a DAQ.
I have a P4 1.7GHz, with labview runtime 6.0.2 The labview file is created using labview 6.0.2
My application should do two things: reading five analog and five digital channels from the DAQ board, and reading from a serial port at 9600bps. When I start the program, only the DAQ part runs, this takes a load of 52% !!!!! I read the channels at 100 samples/second, and in order to speed the process up a bit, I read the 100 samples at once. When in addition the serial port starts, the load gets up to 70%. This would not be a problem if nothing else had to run, but there is also an other Visual C++ application which needs up to 35% of the load (max).

My question is: what am
I doing wrong that the DAQ board takes so much load? I am using config, start outside the while loop, and read within the while loop.
Is there a way to get the load lets say to 25%?

Thanks for any help on this one.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,208 Views)
Dear Sir,

There are several things to try to increase the performance of your application.

In the development computer try doing the following:

1.- Mass compile the whole application
2.- Next is a suggestion from another engineer to a customer:
"Do you have a delay in your While Loop? It may seem strange, but placing a Wait function of 1 millisecond might actually improve your performance because with a Wait function, your loop will no longer starve the processor of time, and will allow it to breathe, thereby allowing it to process other threads and give equal time to all programs (instead of having some programs hog it). So place a "Wait" function (Functions-->Time and Dialog subpalette) "

3.- The User Interface interaction with the actual proc
ess can be modified to increase the general performance of your VI, take a look to the document on the next link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/7b3e63fba3714447862565d20069ce5f?OpenDocument

4.- There are more documents related with this issue in our web site:

from www.ni.com

NI Developer Zone > Development Library > Measurement & Automation Software > LabVIEW > Development System > Optimizing Applications

This is a gathering of general material, I hope you can try this and have good results by improving the performance of your applications.

Thanls a lot for contacting National Instruments!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,208 Views)