LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lmf time channel

I am using Save LabVIEW Measurement File to get my data into a format Excel opens. One channel souce is an encoder through my serial port. The other is Force cell through my daq board. Signals are displayed on xy graph with the serial signal as x, and force y. Both signals are also graphed independently vs. Time. When I sent these signals into the Save LMF vi, I get no time channel data. I need it. Any help help on where I can import a time channel from? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,272 Views)
Make certain of is that the Write to LabVIEW Measurement File (WLVM) is set up correctly. One of the options inside of the express vi is for X Value column. This is where the time data is stored. Make sure that the "empty column" is NOT selected.

What is the source of your time data? Are you getting the time stamps from your serial device? Is the data type of your data being written to your LVM a waveform? If it isn't, you should build the waveform using the "Build waveform.vi". This requires a set of y values, an initial time (t0) and a time between each sample (dt). You can then merge your signals and write them to the LVM. Post if this works. Thanks

Chris C
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,261 Views)
Thanks Chris, works like a dream.....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,255 Views)