LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listbox problem - are very slow-working :(

Why would you populate a listbox with 16000 rows of data? Do you have some mechanism for helping the user search it because no one in their right mind would want to scroll through it. And as I said before, trying to put that much data in a listbox will be inherently slow. You would be better off filling the listbox with only that range of data the user would be interested in.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(523 Views)

it's a data log, i need put all data together...

i'm just a student that is making a stage for university 🙂 my boss said to me: "use listbox!"...i have to reply "yes sir!" 😄

Then he told me "make it faster"...and what could i reply? "Yes sir!" 😛

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(519 Views)

Ideally, for that much data, you would store it somewhere more appropriate and let the user search it and display the results. For example, a MS Access database. Or at least store it all to disk but only display the last N entries. Or display it all as you are doing then ask your boss to sit down and scroll through it and see what he thinks...Smiley Very Happy

For some reason, Dilbert just came to mind...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(513 Views)

well my boss said me (and showed me) that he did it in past and it works in a great way...using listbox....

but he've forgotten in what way he did it :'(

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(510 Views)

I guess I would have to know your specific use case in this instance, otherwise, in my opinion, it's not a good programming practice.

Message 15 of 17
(505 Views)
A minimal test of initializing a 16k array and feeding it to a listbox is fast and nimble. I can only scroll through the 1st hundered or so, but the data is there and can be read back.
It shouldn't be a problem.
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(501 Views)

DONE 🙂 

I solved the mistery...using a classic listbox is faster 🙂 total perfect...thanks to all 🙂

Using LabVIEW 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(484 Views)