LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license version 8 to 8.2.1

I have the LAbView 8.0 license, and I my project was developed in its version under Win XP.

I would like to run LabView under Win Vista. After read some posts in this forum I realize that version 8.0 don't work on Vista and I need to use the version 8.2.1.

Can I use my actual license do upgrade my labView Version. Somebody knows if I will have problems  with my actual project and this new version (It's a very big project). 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,131 Views)

LabVIEW 8.0 does not support VISTA. This does not necessarily mean that it does not execute on VISTA. But if there are any failures, there will not be any official support.

That being said, you can try running your LV on VISTA.

If you choose to update (either you don't want to try it or you encounter issues on VISTA), please contact your local NI sales person. He/She can give you a proposal for an update. The update most likely will be to LV 2009 since this is the current version of LV.

Regarding the update of the project: There might be issues (never touch a running system you know), but at least to my knowledge, proper implemented projects do not have issues or only minor ones which are solvable with a very limit amount of time you need to invest (most often crosslinking issues).

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,121 Views)