LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lecroy oscilloscope multi pulse acquisition

Hello, I am working with a Lecroy 24Xsa oscilloscope to acquire a waveform with multiple pulses connected to computer over TCPIP.  I have used the labview drivers and example code provided by Lecroy and am able to capture the wave and save it to my computer, but capturing the whole wave at once results in too low of a resolution.  The problem comes from the fact that the multiple pulses are of varying amplitudes across a relatively long time frame.  Is there a way to change the vertical resolution and shift along the x axis, while keeping the timing in order to accurately record the pulses time and amplitude?

Thank you in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)

@ECline wrote:

Hello, I am working with a Lecroy 24Xsa oscilloscope to acquire a waveform with multiple pulses connected to computer over TCPIP.  I have used the labview drivers and example code provided by Lecroy and am able to capture the wave and save it to my computer, but capturing the whole wave at once results in too low of a resolution.  The problem comes from the fact that the multiple pulses are of varying amplitudes across a relatively long time frame.  Is there a way to change the vertical resolution and shift along the x axis, while keeping the timing in order to accurately record the pulses time and amplitude?

Thank you in advance for your help

This really isn't a LabVIEW problem. More like you don't understand how to get the instrument works. Have you tried reading the manual???

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,262 Views)

Hello,

You can use a zoom trace to zoom in on a single pulse.  This will give you better resolution.  Be aware that the zoom uses the lowest resolution that it is set to.

This means that zooming out, will change the resolution (Just like changing the vertical scale on the input channel) but zooming back in will not increase it again, you would have to turn it off and zoom again.

The easiest way to zoom is to use a mouse or the touchscreen and simply draw a box around the section of the signal you want to zoom to.

Then you can grab the data from the zoom trace.

NYC is correct that this is not a LabVIEW issue and should not be on the NI forums.  If you have more questions or are not sure how to setup the zoom etc.  you may give me a call or send me an email and I am happy to help!

Cheers,

Leonard Brown
Applications Engineer

Teledyne Lecroy

Leonard.Brown@Lecroy.com

1-800-553-2769 (Extension 6088: 8am to 5pm Pacific Time).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,254 Views)

Thank you for your quick responses. I had asked in this forum because I was hoping to complete this task in an automated fashion with the labview drivers. I will continue to seek support from Lecroy.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,246 Views)