From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laview arduino robot arm

Hi all,

i'm new in Labview & i see it is interesting . Now i'm doing my project " control 5 degrees of freedom by using labview and arduino" for my graduation thesis. i already communicated between arduino and labview, and made simple control servo but i want to program labview to remember the angle of servo then it can work automatically. anybody please show me some tips or template for that. thanks. i'm sorry if i give you miss info or made you misunderstand because i'm not good at English

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,208 Views)

Hello,

I am assuming that you are using the LabVIEW LINX Toolkit?  I think that in this situation, a state machine is the best way to implement this design.  Also, it seems like using shift registers within the while loop would be useful.

Here is a good document outlining state machine architecture:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7595/en/

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,169 Views)

The simplest, easiest way to do this is store the positions in a 2D array, then recall each position from the array and ask the servos to hold it for a set amount of time. To store it a bit more permanently you could store it into a .txt or a .tdms

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,162 Views)

Thanks for your answer, i use arduino tool kit because it show degrees when we control angle. i already commnunicate between Labview, ariduino and servo and i use subvi to save degree of servo but the problem now is the servo moving so fast, can you help me the method to reduce speed of it. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,021 Views)

Try a progressive approach, that is, if you're moving it from 0 to 180 for example, don't send a 180 right off the bat at the servo but say, send a 10, then a 20 and so on, with a fixed amount of time between orders. Practice makes perfect, so just experiment until it runs smoothly. Also I wouldn't rely exclusively on what arduino sends for acuraccy, I have used the LIFA to control servos, and it varies from servo to servo, depending on manufacturer, some would be accurate down to a 1 degree variance, while others would be off for as much as 25.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,010 Views)

yes, i'm moving on that way , i used for loop to increase the angle gradually. Now i encounter the problem is the servo write angle didn't understand the signal i sent from interation (i) of For loop due to different type and i don't know how to convert from 1D array of long ( For loop sinal ) to U8

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,008 Views)

Huh? I did not fully understand that, can you please rephrase and attach either VI or snippet?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,003 Views)

sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy , you can see the picture i took from my VI 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,001 Views)

That won't do, SPECIALLY in a stacked sequence structure (many have advocated for its removal). We need either a VI or a useable snippet, not a screenshot, otherwise we can't really understand what's going on for example, in cases we can't see

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,985 Views)

wow, these are my VI and sub VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,966 Views)