From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

launch project and vi programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to launch a project programmatically from a vi  and then load a vi from this project. when I try it the vi isn't run in the project instance.

(see attached - run "launch proj n vi.vi" this should launch the "launcher.lvproj" project and then open "auto open.vi" but if you look in the bottom left status bar "auto open.vi" isn't in the "launcher" project. rerun "launch proj n vi.vi" from the project to see the difference)

What am I doing wrong?

The only relevant forum topic is link to old topic

Thanks

Al

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,506 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al1234

I think you will need the Project property 'Application'

Project.Application.png

That should do the trick.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 2 of 4
(3,493 Views)

Thanks!

That fixed it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,487 Views)

I am trying this same thing, but I am doing it within an executable and using relative paths.  But for some reason it isn't working for me.  Sorry if the VI is a bit messy, but I was trying a few other things.

It appears that it isn't necessarily an executable issue since I just changed the VI to run in the dev environment, but use relative paths.

My executable folder path

C:\Oil and Gas\DAQ Cart\Builds\PC

The folder path to the VI I want to run

C:\Oil and Gas\Heater Project\Main

The folder path of the project the VI from above is in

C:\Oil and Gas\Heater Project

Anything you can spot wrong will be appreciated.  The project and VI paths can be anything as long as the VI you have uses an "Exit" control to stop.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,736 Views)