LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large monitoring system: MB lib, NI-OPC server, or DSC?

ooppss..

sorry for wrong files. here are the real ones.

btw, i am trying to communicate in single power meter device 1st...

Ivel R. | CLAD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(868 Views)
the datatype in the properties section on the general tab.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(848 Views)

Looks to me like 258=102Hex. This would be the baud rate address from the register table listing for the CPM50. You should not add 1 to the unit ID of the device. The device unit Id has to match the ip address and slave id of the power meter. Where you might need to add one would be the address that you want to read. Some devices start counting register 1 at 40001 and others start at 40000.

One thing you have to pay attention to is the ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway for the ethernet port on the computer that is running kepware. If you can't ping the ip address of the power meter, from the kepware computer, it isn't going to work.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(841 Views)

unclebump,

i already got "good values" (before, it indicates "bad values"). but the value i read was not the one i expected to see. the value i read is always zero. have you encountered this before? what are the possible cause of this? i attached the snapshot of 2 powermeter devices that obtain both zero while indicating good values.

note: base on the manual, the datatype is (word)

btw. i got "good values" when i put a checked in the "simulate device" option. i think it was my mistake to bypass it.

Ivel R. | CLAD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(831 Views)
if simulate device was checked, then you weren't actually reading from the hardware. Without doing the ping test, and checking your ip config settings on the computer and your ethernet/serial converter, you really don't know if you can see the device. You will need to compare the meter values in the registers with what you read in the kepware data to verify you have good quality.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(818 Views)

is that so?? thanks for informing.. i thought i'm almost there...Smiley Sad

about pinging the serial/ethernet converter, there was no problem. i can ping it from remote location (w/in our company private network), and even change the config of serial/ethernet convert form distant. my computer and the devices are also in the same subnet... my ip and serial/ethernet device ip is in attached snapshot (ping successfully).

btw, is there a simple setting in kepware to check if i can connect w/ the devices? like ping using kepware setting, etc... can you pinpoint it to me? the config setting of kepware was too many...

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(812 Views)
Kepware has the opc quick client button that will show the value for all configured tags.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(797 Views)