From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview washing machine simulator help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i'm making a washing machine simulator (a really simple one) basically depending on the load size (big or small or medium) the front panel will display how many gallons of water used as well as the water temperature depending on the load type (delicates, whites, colors).  Additionally here is a timer that runs for a certain amount of time depending on the load size, once the wash cycle is completed, the dry cycle begins.  I have completed the code but it's not working and i don't understand why, the VI shows no errors and i can't see the problem.  I am fairly new at labview, please help

Message 1 of 7
(7,330 Views)

Why are you using the output of the Wait function in other calculations?  It doesn't do what you think it does.  The input of the function tells how long that piece of code needs to wait.  The output of the function returns the current value of the system clock.  It is based on how long your PC has been on.  Nothing to do with the run time of the VI or the length of time that the function waited.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,317 Views)

Thank you for duplicating your post.  Because of that, I wasted my time answering your question when it had already been answered by Lynn in your other thread.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pauEs1

yes, follow what she had suggested....the secret behind door number 2 is...think about how to pull info from the arrays using your front panel controls to feed the elapsed timer and indicators Smiley Wink

Spoiler
washer.png
Message 4 of 7
(7,307 Views)

wow! thanks!! 🙂

Message 5 of 7
(7,295 Views)

hi, guys!  can u help me please, i need to create a project using labview prog, the theme of my project is washing machine. i just wanted to open your work, but id didn't. which version do you use? can u send me a link of downloading?

@pauEs1 wrote:

Hi, i'm making a washing machine simulator (a really simple one) basically depending on the load size (big or small or medium) the front panel will display how many gallons of water used as well as the water temperature depending on the load type (delicates, whites, colors).  Additionally here is a timer that runs for a certain amount of time depending on the load size, once the wash cycle is completed, the dry cycle begins.  I have completed the code but it's not working and i don't understand why, the VI shows no errors and i can't see the problem.  I am fairly new at labview, please help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,089 Views)

Hii, what about "True" part in case structure? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,117 Views)