LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview to read and white into .csv file only

I have a security question.

Is it possible for labview to read/write into a .CSV file only and make it not applicable to the user?

for instant, labview writes to file OUTPUT.CSV, 

my current system, on windows xp, i can go to output.csv and use notepad/excel to read/write  and save output.csv data.

i want to make it not accessible to write or modify output.csv (ONLY POSSIBLE IF DONE USING LABVIEW PROGRAM).

how would i do something like that?

thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,650 Views)

I am just starting, but I came across a get attributes function.  I presume there is a set attributes function for hidden or read only access.  But users with administrative privilages will just right click on the file and change the attribute back.  It depends on what security level you need.

I have heard there was file encryption options as well.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,643 Views)

I am running on Labview 7.0

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,639 Views)

I am not sure if you can do that.  What makes this file so important?  What does it do?

Depending on the reason you want to do this there might be a different/better soloution.  Maybe save the file as binary and if it was opened it would not be easy to read.  Or save the file in a location that has nothing to do with LabVIEW?

Under File I/O >> Advanced,  There is a VI called Access Rights that you might be able to use.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Or you could use some encryption/decryption algorithms to save the file.  It won't be a .CSV, but why would you want to save it as a CSV if you don't ever want any to be able to read it outside of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,595 Views)
Or perhaps write/read a database. I also don't understand why you would use a csv file if security is a concern.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,583 Views)