LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview log: cannot retrieve records

Hi,

I'm using labview for image acquisition. I'm also logging the images from each run, upwards of 90. I find that after I have logged a certain number of images the labview log crashes. That is when I go to retrieve, if I try to retrieve the data for runs after say, run 30, labview fails with the error message: "Exiting interactive retrieval mode. Could not retrieve currently selected record from xxxx.vi's log file: xxxx.log"

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

-czarv10

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,802 Views)

I haven't tried what you specifically are doing, but that feature really wasn't intended to store huge amounts of data. My suspicion is that your image data is probably outstripping the log file's effective capacity. If you want to save the images, you should save them using the image file VIs.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,794 Views)

I am saving the images to a separate file but I find that the front panel is a nice interface for looking at the data. Is there any way to patch it up so that the log "knows" to retrieve the images from some location instead of saving them along with the other front panel data?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,787 Views)
There are lots of ways you could do it. The correct approach depends on what your code looks like now.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,773 Views)

Yeah I think I see it now. What comes to mind is making two separate VIs: one to run the experiment and another one to view the images. The one that runs the experiment does not display the images in the front panel so I can log everything else. The one that displays the images does not log anything. 

... this is annoying though. I wish there was a simple way to "expand" the capabilities of the log file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,741 Views)
Your idea of having an acquisition VI and a separate viewer sounds like a good approach to get you started. Long term you might be able to migrate the code back to a single application. Of course having a separate viewer might be valuable to have too for distributing results to folks who don't have the acquisition hardware.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,733 Views)