From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview impedance analyzer

Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever built a fully labview based impedance analyzer using only labview and a daq card (+ possibly a current booster if higher than 2mA is required for the load)

The Labview LIA code posted by NI seems like a great place to start start and it can be fairly easily combined with a labview synchronized frequency sweep generated by a daq card to get a full bode plot, etc..

Just wondering if anyone has already done this so I don't repeat the process.

Thanks and helpful suggestions would be appreciated as well,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,160 Views)

Hello Sam

Thank you very much for choosing National Instruments!  I am happy to assist you with this project.  Can you please let me know which operating system you are using, which version of LabVIEW you are using and which hardware you are using or intend to use?

If you wish to start this project, I would be happy to assist you with any aspect of the design that you require.  If you can suggest a specific issue, I can help you trouble shoot this.

For your interest only, though I am not certain how useful these links will be, here are our current community examples that reference impedance analysis.

Impedance / Bode Analyzer Using NI-Scope and NI-FGEN
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5079

Logging with the NI ELVIS Impedance Analyzer
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4365 

I look forward to your success!  All the best!

Sincerely,

Greg S.
Message 2 of 11
(8,144 Views)

Thanks for the reply Greg,

I was hoping to use only my usb-daq card since I'm not going to high frequencies. I would like to peform an automated frequency sweep and make use of tha labview Lock-In-Amplifier to get low level signals. The links were helpful, however they use NI-FGEN and NI_scope which require dedicated hardware, I might use the same front panel components. 

I'm using usb-6216 and windows 7 64 bit with labview 2010

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,131 Views)

Hello Sam

I am more than happy to support you on this project.  However, I do not have a clear understanding of your project flow-chart or architecture.  What inputs and outputs are you looking for this implentation to have?  If you have a starting point and some questions, I would be more than happy to help you find answers!  Please let me know!

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,089 Views)

Thanks for the reply Greg,

I've put this together now. It's based on signal generation from the same daq card that is acquiring the response of the DUT. the acquired signal is inspected at the same frequency as the generation through the labview LIA program and once the signal is stabalized the next frequency is generated by the daq card. The process is repeated to perform a frequency sweep to acquire a spectrum and build a bode plot. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,041 Views)

Dear Aslam-0-Alikum..  

I am using Elvis II board with labview2016 . i have to find out impedance of a circuit using frequency sweep function in lab view. Kindly send me any example which solve my this issue. i have to check the response of RC circuit from 100 Hz to 5 KHz. The result should be stored in a excel file and a graph displayed impedance vs frequency. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,412 Views)

Hey JunaidAshraf,

Thanks for reaching out via our online forums! The idea behind our forums is to serve as a sounding board for ideas or to discuss specific questions users have with our products, not necessarily to request written code. 

As to your question, there are many examples in the LabVIEW Example Finder which you could pull from to build your project. Have you gone through the examples that Greg S. posted above, with links to related projects? You may be able to use these examples with the pre-written LabVIEW examples to create the project you want.

Also, I see you are using an NI Elvis II board for your application. You may have more luck posting about this issue in our Academic Hardware forum here.

I hope this helps!

Patrick O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,398 Views)

Hello, 

I am trying to reach these links but I think they are broken. 
I am working on an impedance analyzer as well. I would appreciate some help!

Sincerely,
Gerald

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,404 Views)

@Gerald_Topalli wrote:

Hello, 

I am trying to reach these links but I think they are broken. 
I am working on an impedance analyzer as well. I would appreciate some help!

Sincerely,
Gerald

Yes those links point to content that existed 10 years ago.  That's why I split the thread. 

I'll merge these posts to the new thread.  It's going to look a bit ugly.  Please try to keep posts on the new thread

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,373 Views)

I am wondering if you can offer me an e-mail for some valuable assistance on labview about impedance analyzer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,329 Views)