From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview generates an exe file but cannot close it properly

Hi all, I have used source code to generate an exe file. And I also load dynamic vi using this exe file. However, right now it cannot be closed properly by clicking "X" on top right corner. I think it is caused by loading dynamic vi but do not know how to solve it. Could you help me about this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,544 Views)

It sounds like you may not be closing the reference to the vi.

Look at the "dynamic load example.vi" that ships with labview.

Also, one other think that may catch you out is if you are building the path to your vi dynamically, this example will help.

Hope this helps.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,534 Views)

hi aCe, I do not have dynamic load example.vi, could you upload it? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,530 Views)

Its here:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\viserver\dynload.llb\Dynamic Load Example.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,527 Views)

Hi aCe, I read the example but am not sure if it is applicable in my case. Here is my related code. I used sub-panel function to include a external vi. Then when build exe I used it as "Always included". Could you advise what I should do to close it properly? Thank you!

1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,525 Views)

The reference you opened to the dynamic vi needs to be closed, the close reference in your flat sequence is disabled and also your reference is going else where as well. Without seeing the rest of the code, there is no way to comment further.

Look at this as well: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\general\controls\subpanel.llb\Simple Subpanel.vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,523 Views)

Hi aCe, I have enabled the close reference that was connected there, And the code you cannot see from the screen was the other connections in this case structure. But every connection is exactly the same as this flat sequence. But I still cannot close the exe properly, could you advise? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,513 Views)