LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview afg31000

Hi! I have installed the driver for tektronix afg31000 function generator. I can see some icons in the functions/controls palette but for others I can just see question marks on the icons.How can I resolve this issue so that I can use all the buttons available for the function generator (afg31000) ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(497 Views)

Hi fhsikandar,

fhsikandar@gmail.com wrote:

for others I can just see question marks on the icons.How can I resolve this issue so that I can use all the buttons available for the function generator (afg31000) ?

Can you select those "others with question marks" when you choose the option to manually select a VI and navigating to the folder where you installed the driver VIs?

Where did you install the driver? Did you use the default installation folders?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(489 Views)

I am literally a beginner to labview, I have downloaded the driver to my computer and then pasted it in the instrument.lib folder which is a subfolder in my labview folder. I have attached a screenshot of how the drivers icon look like in my functions palette.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(461 Views)

Those "question mark" icons are almost certainly the "mnu" files used for sub-folders inside of palettes.

Best guess is that it's not in the place it expects to be in.

The usual place is a folder named this, adjusted for your LabVIEW version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20XX\instr.lib

You say it's in "instrument.lib", which isn't the exact folder name.  Also, if you downloaded it as a ZIP file and then put it in the folder, there might be an extra directory path in there since a lot of zippers and unzippers both include the path, i.e. it should be in "<instr.lib>\Folder", not "<instr.lib>\Folder\Folder" or deeper.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(444 Views)

If you go to the Tools menu -> Instrumentation -> Find Instrument Drivers, you can search here for your instruments and let Labview handle the installation. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(429 Views)

I have tried to delete the driver folder from its previous position and then just placed it inside instr.lib folder without going any deeper but I don't think it has resolved the issue

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(411 Views)