LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview Exception: Stack overflow when loading project from shared folder in LAN

Hello everybody,

When I try to open a project from a shared folder in LAN (W10 to W10) I get the following error: "labview Exception: Stack overflow (0xC00000FD) at EIP=0x000000006257B0C8".

If I open it in the "local" computer everything is OK.

Any clue from what's hapenning here? Thanks for your time.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,155 Views)

Is that a recent LabVIEW version?

Does your shared location contain filenames which come alphabetically before the . and .. entries? 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,138 Views)

First question: 2018.

Seconde one: Not sure, what needs a filename to come before . and ..?

For further information, I suppose that it can be obvious, but the error happens during the "adding VIs" process.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,129 Views)

Well any file name starting with ! # $ % & ' ( ) + - , will alphabetically appear before the . entry and older versions of LabVIEW when enumerating directory contents were assuming that . and .. were always the first two entries returned and consequently removed for the returned list of items in the directory, but for some network provided paths this could be not true and since one of the last Windows versions even for local drives sometimes. This could mess up certain functions in LabVIEW that assumed to never come across a . or .. entry in the returned directory enumeration list.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,115 Views)

I had the same problem with LabVIEW 2010 SP1 on Windows 10. I had also compiled my code on one computer, uploaded to gitlab and then downloaded on another computer.

It always crashed on the "Adding" dialog which appears when opening a project and, specifically, on one folder I had updated recently. One other thing I noted was that the number of elements that were being added (shown in the "Adding" window) was way bigger than it used to be (2000+ instead of 700+ that I had gotten used to see).

What I did was:

1. Delete the folder that made LabVIEW crash on startup.
  2. Open the project, even if the files were missing.
  3. Realized that I had added this specific folder that I had just deleted as an Auto-populating folder.
  4. Restored the files I had just deleted (git checkout -- .)
  5. Disabled auto-population and added all files to the project by hand.
  6. Closed and opened the project. Problem fixed.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,957 Views)