From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 8.5 files in 8.6 version not running

Hello,

I have an application (.lvproj) that was initially built using LV8.5 which runs as desired. Upon upgrading to LV8.6 and doing a "Build All" on the project, some vi's throw errors and I don't understand the exact reason because the LV error described is more like a network problem (some UDP port opening that is used in the vi) than a direct LV conversion problem.

But I have a feeling that it could be because of the upgrade as the old app built using LV8.5 still runs fine on the system.

Any possible reasons appreciated.

Regards,

PKI 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,724 Views)

You mention the "error described", but yet you fail to tell us what the error was or how it was described.

That kind of information is kind of important to tell if you want to get some help. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,719 Views)

Sorry about that, here's the error. I know it sounds like an error within my app but as mentioned earlier it works fine when built using LV8.5 but throws this error when built using LV8.6. I have not made any changes whatsoever wrt the network settings.

“Error 54 occurred at UDP Open in Open UDPconnection.vi

The network address is ill informed. Make sure theaddress is in a valid format. For TCP/IP, the address can be either a machinename or an IP address in the form of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Make sure the machine isvalid, ping the machine name. Check if you have DNS server properly configured”

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,709 Views)
Hi PKI,

It sounds like you are unaware of the Open UDPConnection VI within your project. You can locate this VI by going to View Menu > VI Hierarchy and find the VI this way, or have it run in highlight execution until the error occurs.

This error mainly occurs when address (whether machine name or TCP/IP) is not recogonized as an input to Open UDPConnection VI. Can you verify that your address, going into UDP Open is a valid address?

I also recommend pinging the address to make sure you can connect this way. If you can't ping, LabVIEW can't make a connection, either.

Cheers,
--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,689 Views)

Also, you might find the LV 8.6 Upgrade Notes useful:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/1CEFD3AEAB830B3886257451006BD8BD

Cheers

--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos