LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 7.1.1 slow startup

Why does Labview 7.1.1 startup very slow?

It happened on every computer I put the 7.1.1 upgrade. I did mass compile (the whole labview directory) on each computer. One of the computer is a P4 2.8GHz with 1GB RAM and it takes 20 seconds to load up everytime. All other applications (ya, including multiple games) loads faster than labview. What's going on with the latest upgrade?

btw, does anyone know how to speed up the mass compile. On a slower machine (Pentium Mobile 1.7GHz) the mass compile spend over 3 hours!

-Joe
Message 1 of 6
(2,733 Views)
I do have made a test on my machine 2.6 GHz 512 MByte. I coudn't measure the time exactly but it was about 5 - 6 seconds. LV 7.0 seems to have the same time. LV 6.1 and LV 6.0.2 are faster.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,719 Views)
Hello,

I made the experience that Labview seems to be ready rather fast (~30sec on Athlon2500), but if I start to work it still loads in the background.
So the next 30sec it's still jerky to work with Labview (moving objects only with "jumping", opening palettes takes some time, changing tool can take 2-4 sec and so on...).

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,716 Views)
One startup issue is how you have set the loading of the palettes. I have set it to load in the background. Also I like to mention that I have started LV from its shortcut and not by double clicking on a VI. In the later case it would load the VI and all its subVIs into memory. How long this lasts depends on the number of VIs to load and on the number of places to search for.

We are talking about a range from 5 seconds to 30 seconds which is a factor of 6. The CPU speed and RAM isn't that factor.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,710 Views)
The palettes loading is background on my machine too.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,701 Views)
I got almost the same problem with the startup time in Labview7.1.

I was able to fix it, with removing all the project I have in the Directory "Project" of my labview7.1.

I put them in My document.

Now The startup time of labview is fast.

Hope it will help you.

Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,378 Views)