From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel32 timer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

For my application, i am using a timer which use the Kernel32.dll and give me some transfer time.

The timer give microseconds precision and I need millisecond precision, so this is ok.

But I have to calibrate this timer to validate that the time it delivers to me is correct

Do you know how I can do this or if there is a tool with certification to calibrate and validate ?

Thank you,

you will find the Timer I use

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,799 Views)

If you only need millisecond, why not use "Tick Count"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,625 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mehdi94

Hello,

Because my client want a calibration certification of my tool and NI cannot certificate the software.

So I bought a cRIO chassis for use the internal clock of the FPGA which can be certificate

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,580 Views)

What is the task of the application?

I hope that you are aware that Windows is no real-time OS. Delays in range of multiple ms (<10) is the typical case, range of 100s of ms is common, range of multiple seconds possible.

So a certified timing source above the (potentially uncertified) Windows timer (which is used inside the LV timing functions like "Wait") is questionable in context of Windows....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,578 Views)

Hello Norbert,

Yes this is why we change our cDAQ chassis for a cRIO chassis and now we use the hardware clock of the chassis and the FPGA to measure our transfer time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,572 Views)

@Mehdi94 wrote:
[...]now we use the hardware clock of the chassis and the FPGA to measure our transfer time.

What transfer time are you referring to? cRIO to Host?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,569 Views)

It is a transfer time between a sending and receiving command between two telecommunication equipment.

Now it is okay, It works fine

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,563 Views)