LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 2635 trigger

We just got the new source meter, here, we want to use an external trigger to trigger it so that we can synchronize our measurements, any one can help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,718 Views)

Hello deathelement,

There are several resources on the web that you could look at.  The first would be the Keithley  Series 2600 System SourceMeter User's Manual.  Of special interest would be the information in section B-3 (page 99 of the PDF).  This has information on triggering other instruments using your device.  More detailed information can be found in the Series 2600 System SourceMeter Reference Manual section 10-12 (page 236 of the PDF).

If you want to use this device in the LabVIEW programming environment there is a LabVIEW instrument driver provided by Keithley.

LabVIEW Instrument Driver version 2.0.1, for the Keithley 2600 Series

Feel free to post with any other questions you have about this device, especially regarding programming with it in LabVIEW.

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,687 Views)

Thanks for the resources you mentioned, the question is we tried to set a pulse from line1, and set a acquisition time to measure at one point. The following is the Vi we built, still, there is an error -286,our question is how to set trigger to be accepted into keithley.

BTW,error -420 appeares at TSB connection with keithley through GPIB.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,665 Views)

Hello deathelement,

Could you do me a favor and post the actual VI, not just a picture of it.  This will help figure out the flow of the programming and help find what needs to be fixed.

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,647 Views)
Here it is. Since we can not trigger it from some built-in Vi, we tried to load one TSP script, but there showed an error -286
Message Edited by deathelement on 10-31-2008 10:42 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,638 Views)

The main goal of our research is to do current maging and we are now trying to get a labview script working to trigger the 2635 then have it collect current and store the values in an array.  The experiment uses a nanopositioner that sends out a trigger pulse every time it moves and we'd like to use this trigger to have the 2635 measure a current for each position of the stage.  Since we measure many points in a sample scan, we want to store the current values in an array so that we can plot the images as a function of position.  Should we use the buffer for this purpose? 

I've sent a block diagram of our current program but we always seem to get a TSP timeout error (-286) when trying to run it. I think our biggest problem at the moment is getting the 2635 to accept a trigger then have it measure for a fixed time interval for many points. I also modified a DIGIO connector to bring in the external trigger but the current program will try to run regardless if it receives a trigger or not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,593 Views)

Hello deathelement,

I cleaned up your code and reordered some of your VIs.  There was one instance where you had two of the instrument driver VIs in parallel, which could cause problems.  It is important to maintain data flow, especially when setting up hardware.  I am also wondering if you should be setting up the trigger on your device by using the trigger VI's found under KE26XX » Configure » Advanced Trigger Model.  It looks like these VIs could be used to set up almost any kind of trigger you would want.

On the other hand, is the script you are attempting to load on the device what is supposed to set up the trigger?

In that case it sounds like it is possible for some formatting in your script to be wrong.  Have you tried running the KE26XX Factory Pulse Script Usage VI found under KE26XX » Examples?  If this works, you may want to save the example as a different file and build your application from it.

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,562 Views)

I can not open this Vi since we are using 8.5.1, could you please rewrite it in 8.5.1 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,557 Views)

Hello deathelement,

I am posting the VI in LabVIEW 8.5.1.  Regardless, have you tried running some of the example VI's?

Regards,
Dan King

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,533 Views)