LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping other while loops disabled when running one of them

I have a vi with five unconnected while loops. On front panel I have five control buttons to run these while loops. All these loops control single instrument, therefore as a safety feature I want to keep other four while loops inactive when one of them is running. They should become enabled once the running while loop gets over. I am sure there should be a way to do this. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,227 Views)

So only 1 loop should be running at a time?  I think it would easier to have 1 loop and use a case structure to control which set of code to run.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,219 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean that I should use one while loop and inside all the five sets of code kept in individual case structure? I have tried that but the problem is if me or someone accidently click another command the set of code starts running above the one which was running. This is because everything in one while loop is potentially ready to run on click.

however, even if i put each set separately in a while loop, still two sets can run together on accidental click! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,197 Views)

Lock the front panel when you start one.  Unlock it when you're done.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,190 Views)