LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kNIFarmResultServerNotResponding LabVIEW Error Code: -123011

For the life of me, I cannot get the FPGA compiler to run.

I am running LabVIEW 2012 SP1, with the Xilinx tools v. 13.4 and for some reason I have had no success getting the compile server to run.

When I attempt to run it from Start>Programs>National Instruments>FPGA Compile Tools I get the error:

There was an error connecting to the farm. Error: kNIFarmResultServerNotResponding LabVIEW Error Code: -123011.

I have repaired the MAX studio and the LabVIEW core program.

I have tried to activate the NI Application Web Server (and NI System Web Server) service through the services.msc panel and get the error message:

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do to fix this problem? I have a feeling it might be a simple no-brainer solution, but I have searched the knowledge base for hours to no avail.

The computer I'm using is running Windows 7 and I have even tried completely turning off my firewall and antivirus software to see if either was the culprit, but still no luck.

I haven't tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the software but I'm beginning to think that might be my last resort here. Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,929 Views)

In services.msc, do you see the "NI Service Locator"? Also, are you up to date on patches? (I believe the latest is f5 for 2012 SP1)

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 2 of 8
(5,915 Views)

Thank you very much for your help with this T-REX$!

I didn't have that patch, so I went ahead and installed it but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

I do not see the NI Service Locator service, only the NI PSP Service Locator service, which is running. When I tried to restart that service, it wouldn't do so, stating "Windows could not stop the NI PSP Service Locator service...error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" 

This might be related to the fact that I cannot connect to http://localhost:3580 for the debugging/setup/etc. consoles.

Interestingly enough, if I set it to manual start, it still loads on boot!? 

Is there any way I can reinstall the NI Service Locator and/or reinstall/repair the NI PSP Service Locator services?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,901 Views)

Ok, I'm gonna guess that the service is installed on the system, but not registered.

Windows 32-bit OS instructions

Spoiler

Look for 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\niSvcLoc\nisvcloc.exe'. If it doesn't exist, stop here and let me know.

Navigate to 'Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt' and right-click to run as Administrator.

Enter the following command:

sc create NiSvcLoc binPath= "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\niSvcLoc\nisvcloc.exe -s" start= auto DisplayName= "NI Service Locator"

Reboot your machine, and see if the NI System Web Server is running.

Windows 64-bit OS instructions

Spoiler

Look for 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\niSvcLoc\nisvcloc.exe'. If it doesn't exist, stop here and let me know.

Navigate to 'Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt' and right-click to run as Administrator.

Enter the following command:

sc create NiSvcLoc binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\niSvcLoc\nisvcloc.exe -s" start= auto DisplayName= "NI Service Locator"

Reboot your machine, and see if the NI System Web Server is running.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 4 of 8
(5,884 Views)

Sorry for the late reply! I wasn't able to register those services (though I tried a different method to do so, since I didn't see your post in time) but I found a fix that worked just fine and I think I figured out the source of the problems.

It looks like my Avast antivirus software was a little overambitious and thought that some changes to the Config.Msi file as well as CVIJTDbgLauncher.exe and FPLVMgr.dll were viruses!? (It labled them as likley being a Win32:Evo-gen virus and moved them to the virus vault every time I tried to restore them.)

So I (temporarily) disabled my AV software, uninstalled LabView 2013, ran a registry cleaner (CCleaner), manually removed all NI registry keys, and reinstalled. That did the trick! Though I'm relatively sure there were some easier fixes out there, I'm just happy this is working.

Thank you VERY much for your assistance with this, I definitely appreciate all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,826 Views)

Hey T-REX. 

I followed your solution (only I used windows 64bit with labview 32 so I entered 'Program Files (x86)' in the path instead of 'Program Files')

and it WORKED!!! 

I'm delighted, many thanks. 

it saved me a whole reinstall. 

Kudos 🙂 

Yoni. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,517 Views)

Thanks.

I've got same issue so all problem is cleared.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,680 Views)

Thanks much for the spoiler TJ!  I ran into the same issue, after the installation of FlexRIO 19.0.  Just by following your spoiler, Example Finder has been recovered.  Thanks much again!  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,374 Views)