LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue value received through VISA

Hi everyone!
I'm implementing the .vi you see attached. The issue is that this .vi needs to comunicate with a device (PSoC device) to received a value (0,1 or 2) and then, PSoC execute a routine. The issue comes up when I send the value 1, it seems like Labview don't send anything because PSoC doesn't do anything. I tried to remove the serial comunication an forced the case on the PSoC and does what it has to do. So my question is:

When Labview send the value 0, 1 or 2 to the device via serial is a char value, a BYTE or what kind of value is received inthe device?

Because in the main of the device, I have 3 if-cases differentials as:

char data_received= '0'

char data_received= '1'

char data_received= '2'

I can't get that PSoC does the cases, only when I remove the comunication and force with the value of the case I want.

Thanks for your feedbacks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,956 Views)

The device recieves exactly what you send it. In your example, you are sending an ASCII 0,1, or 2 (0x48,0x49,0x50). I have no idea what the PSoC device expects since you did not attach a manual or a link to one. Perhaps you need to append a termination character or perhaps you need to send data as hex (i.e. 0x00, 0x01, 0x02).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,936 Views)